Kevin McCarty Rounds Out Demotech Faculty for Special Session Recap
Columbus, Ohio, May 23, 2022: Demotech, Inc., the first to request a special session to address the litigation crisis affecting Florida’s residential property insurance marketplace, welcomes Kevin McCarty, Founder and Principal Consultant, Celtic Global Consulting to the faculty for its June 2 webinar, scheduled from 1100 am to 1230 pm Eastern.
In 2003, Kevin was Florida’s initial appointed Commissioner. Kevin oversaw the industry from 2003 through 2016, a period that saw more than 100 named events impact Florida. In 2016, Kevin formed Celtic Global to provide financial analysis, regulatory assessment, and advocacy on insurance issues.
The webinar provides a forum to hear initial opinions on the outcome of the Florida legislature’s special session, convening May 23, 2022 through (possibly) May 27, 2022.
In addition to McCarty, confirmed faculty are:
- Senator Jeff Brandes, District (24), St. Petersburg, FL
- Fred E. Karlinsky, Shareholder & Co-Chair Insurance Practice, Greenberg Traurig
- Paul Handerhan, President, Federal Association for Insurance Reform
- Robert Ritchie, President & CEO, American Integrity Insurance Company
- Mahsa Saeidi, Investigative Reporter, WFLA, Tampa
- Edouard von Herberstein, Partner, Hudson Structured Capital Management
- Adam Schwebach, Executive Vice President and Branch Manager, Tampa, Gallagher Re
- Guy Fraker, Cre8teFutures
- Lisa Miller, Lisa Miller and Associates
- Wesley Todd, Founder & CEO, CaseGlide
- Joseph Petrelli, President, Demotech
- Barry Koestler, CFA, Chief Ratings Officer, Demotech
- Bob Warren, CPA (Inactive), CPCU, Client Services Manager, Demotech
- W. Burke Coleman, Esquire, Chief Regulatory and Compliance Counsel, Demotech.
The link to registration is https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1465647223656015119. Questions on registration should be referred to Paul Osborne at POsborne@demotech.com.
About Demotech, Inc.
Since 1985, Demotech has served the industry by assigning accurate, reliable, and proven Financial Stability Ratings® to P&C insurers and Title underwriters. Demotech was the first to review independent, regional and specialty insurers, 1989. Demotech’s philosophy is to review and evaluate insurers based on their area of focus and execution of their business model rather than solely on financial size. Visit www.demotech.com for additional information.